February 18, 2010

one-derful


"... and don't say that she's pretty, and did you say that she loves you?...baby I don't wanna know"
The painted yellow street line may as well cut right through me like a hot knife through butter. Time made no exceptions for the has-beens. The new kid in town was going to be on her hand soon and she had no use for me. So I made my move that bitingly cold morning as she waited for the streetcar and I knew she'd need me again right now, just once more.. for this brief time SHE would need ME. As soon as her face was looking up and away, I dropped down to the street - my timing was perfect as I could hear the streetcar rolling into the stop. She never knew how it happened. She couldn't know. She didn't care. I'd rather go that way than die in the bottom of a drawer or out in the trash when she replaced me.
"...turn around, you'll see me runnin'...i'll say I loved you years ago, and tell myself you never loved me...no..."

No comments: